Holdsworth Chocolates, which produces exquisite handmade chocolates in the heart of the Derbyshire Peak District, has unveiled its range for Christmas 2011.
Led by creative director Genevieve Holdsworth, a team of skilled chocolatiers will be combining the finest chocolate and real fruit to produce delightful handmade – not just hand-finished – treats for the festive season.
Whether you’re looking for a luxury gift for that chocolate-loving special person, a stunning centrepiece for the festive dinner table or the perfect finish to your Christmas meal, Holdsworth has the answer with prices ranging from £3.95 to £17.95.
At the heart of the selection are Holdsworth’s eye-catching Chocolate Flower Pots and scrumptious individual rum and raisin Christmas Puddings.
“Christmas is a time when people want tradition, quality, value for money and, most of all, taste,” said Genevieve Holdsworth.
“Our selection – fully handmade using only the finest ingredients – has something for everyone – all tastes and budgets.
“Holdsworth’s Chocolate Flower Pots with their hand-tied ribbons and decorative wraps provide a real wow factor.
“Meanwhile our rum and raisin Christmas Puddings are a delightful and fun way to finish a festive meal.”
The full Christmas selection features:
• The Chocolate Flower Pot – 350g milk chocolate vase filled with individual chocolates and decorated with a seasonal flower and co-ordinating hand tied bow and decorative wrap. Recommended retail price £17.95.
• Christmas Pudding – 100g rum and raisin truffle centre, hand enrobed with thick bitter plain chocolate topped with crystallised peppermint leaves and real cranberries. This delightful mini festive pudding has a recommended retail price £4.99.
• Limited Edition Christmas Chocolate Selection – 375g or 240g gift boxes containing limited edition handmade milk, plain and white Christmas themed chocolates such as caramellised clementine cream, port and cranberry cream and chestnut praline to name but a few. Recommended retail prices £16.95 and £12.95, respectively.
The 2011 selection also includes gift bags containing:
• Dipped apricots in milk, plains and white chocolate – 150g gift bag for £4.25
• Dipped stem ginger in plain chocolate – 100g gift bag for £3.95
• Dipped orange slices in plain chocolate – 100g gift bag for £3.95
• Dipped marrons glace in milk, plain and white chocolate – 150g for £6.95
• A selection of limited edition milk, plain and white chocolates – 150g for £5.95.
Over the past three years Holdsworth’s expert chocolatiers have won a string of golds in the Great Taste Awards organised by the Guild of Fine Food.
Stockists include Harrods, Selfridges, Waitrose, Chatsworth House shop and Chatsworth Farm Shop and Ibbotsons of Ashford.
Based in Bakewell, Derbyshire, Holdsworth has been producing chocolates since 1988.
The company was created by Barbara Holdsworth. Spurred on by a passionate belief in making chocolates by hand, she developed her own recipes using only the finest ingredients.
She handed over to daughter Genevieve in 2002 and now the company’s team of dedicated chocolatiers continues to innovate and delight.
Issued by Nottingham PR company Perfect 10 PR www.perfect10pr.co.uk